In 1929 F. Janacek bought the rights to the Wanderer 500cc OHC shaft drive single. It was renamed the Janacek-Wanderer or Jawa. This machine was replaced by motorcycles with 175cc Villiers engines in 1932 which increased to 250cc eventually. A 350cc four stroke single was also produced. The 98cc Robot appeared in 1937. In 1945 the company was nationalised and new 250cc and 350cc single two-strokes were built. In 1949 it was joined with CZ and from 1951-66 500cc OHC four-stroke twins were produced. In 1966 ESO speedway machines were renamed Jawa and road bike production concentrated on 350cc two-stroke twins.
May be graphic intensive in loading , sorry; but the pictures are worth it.
1930's Wanderer-based shaft drive Jawa.
The 350cc Californian of 1971
To Page 2 of Jawa pics
Link to: Jawa
Link to other Jawa sites