1924 Victoria super-charged racer
The Victoria Bergmeister
Victoria was initially a Nuremburg bicycle manufacturer. In 1905 they produced belt-driven Fafnir and Zedal engined machines. After WWI they built flat-twin BMW engined motorcycles. From 1923 they used their own engines. After WWII Victoria launched the V35 Bergmeister which was shaft-driven. Victoria joined DKW in 1958 however by 1966 the brand-name was dropped from the range.
Murray Barnard, Perth, Western Australia
© 1996 mbarnard